Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sewing, inspiration, and memories

I thought I would post some pictures from my sister and I's visit with Mrs. Need last spring. She is a wonderful godly woman and taught us a lot in regards to sewing, gardening, and more. Visiting a lovely home of some members from the Needs church. She had wonderful antique quilts on the beds!




Oh the rooms were so inviting and just the way I would make my home! it was refreshing! Memories of sewing in the dining room on a sunny day, while the cows grazed in the pasture at the Needs home.



In the evening, playing the piano for hours and singing.



Going to some friends from the Needs church home and seeing their wonderful cozy rooms!



I just wanted to live here!



The pasture was glorious! The Lord's handy work is amazing! This was from the window in the dining room. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Need for your hospitality last spring and your open arms Mrs. Need helping Beth and I learn much in sewing and all. In keeping with Titus 2 Mrs. Need taught us much the two times we visited her at her home for a litle more than a week each time. We learned how to make slip covers for couches and chairs, gardening, sewing, and much more spiritually! It was filled with laughs, crying, and prayer and I am so thankful for her giving heart and that it is filled with Christ!


I was going through pictures and came across these and remembered how good the Needs were to my sister and I. They are like family. Mrs. Needs blog is here. Miss you Mrs. Need!


In Christ,

Rebecca

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Ohhhh!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! Beautiful quilts and beautiful windows and beautiful scenery-- beautiful everything!!! * sighs * :-D

How wonderful to have such a godly friend and mentor!

Rebecca Ann said...

Yes I am so thankful for her and my sister and I's visits with her and her husband! She is such an encouragement and he gives the best spiritual encouragement and sermons. :)

Gaby said...

Oh that time must have had been wonderful! Mrs. Need must be a TRUE blessing to you and so many people around her! I wish I could meet her.

~Gabrielle

{ jessica } said...

how precious! That quilt is stunning.

Rebecca Ann said...

Thank you Gabrielle and Jessica! Yes that quilt is wonderful and mrs. Need has been a true blessing and encouragment from the Lord in my life.