Thursday, February 18, 2010

Last Part 3 of The Secret of A Happy Day

Hello everyone!

Due to busyness and a long day yesterday I did not get this post in, so here it is today.

The Secret of A Happy Day
By Frances Ridley Havergal

" Just to trust, yet to ask
Guidance still;
Take the training or the task
As He will.
Just to take the joy or pain
As he lends it;
Just to take the loss or gain
As he sends it
He who formed thee for his praise
Will not miss the gracious aim;
So to-day, and all they days
Shall be molded for the same.

Just to leave in His dear hand
Little things;
All we cannot understand,
All that stings.
Just to let Him take the care
Sorely pressing,
Finding all we let him bear
Changed to blessing.
This is all! and yet the way
marked by Him who loves thee best;
Secret of a happy day,
Secret of his promised rest."

Quoted from the book, "Poems With the Power To Strengthen The Soul"
Compiled by James Mudge


Ladies, here are the two verses from proverbs that I am focusing on today.

"Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens it wide his lips come to ruin."
Proverbs 13:3

"The hand of the diligent will rule, but the slothful will be forced to labor." Proverbs

My tongue and how I spend my time each day have been two things that I really need to correct.
But only through Him who saves can I do so!

In Christ,
Rebecca

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thanks, Becca! I was waiting for the last part:)