Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October and November Reading

hey all!

I have been doing a lot of reading as well as studying for clep exams. I have set of reading goals for each month until January to keep myself on track and always learning things other than my college studies. Right now I am reading the Children of Cloverly from the lamplighter book company! It is so encouraging and lovely little story. I am reading poems by Stockton, The Utmost for His Highest, The Power and Freedom of Forgiveness by MacArthur, Verses of Virture by Belle Philips, and lastly Pierced by the Word by John Piper. I am loving reading more often! During my school years in homeschool, I got to read a lot, but not as many books I chose, mostly books from my curriculumn, so its a treat to make a reading schedule for myself. :)
 I finished in the month of October, Already Gone by ken Ham, I highly, highly recommend this book! Its a must read for anyone who is apart of the universal church. I also read Family Reformation by Scott Brown, it was also amazing to read quotes by John Calvin and see where I agreed with him in regards to family reformation and where I defer in beliefs. I believe all the teachings and quotes were encouraging in this book, but one area I defer is child baptism. I believe in believers baptism where you are baptised after you have made a confession of faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. So I believe we should not baptise children who can not make that decision or be convicted by the Lord as a infant.
And of course I am always reading the Word of the Lord. In October I finished the book of Deuteronomy and the book of Isaiah. Both books I had already read before, but I found a lot of new passages I want to memorize and really ponder through with the Lord after reading them again. The Bible can never be fully comprehended I believe! I am always learning something new or being challenged about something I had not read or thought about before from the Scriptures. Praise God for His Holy Spirit that can guide us in reading the Word of the Lord.

what have you been reading lately? Any particular favorite reads or convicting books?

In Christ,
Rebecca

No comments: