Saturday, November 6, 2010

Finished sewing project- Black skirt

Hey everyone!
I have been wanting to see modern clothing for some time now! Its been so much sewing of the 1860's and 1770's that I have not had time for modern cloths until now November. So I made a black skirt as that is one thing my wardrobe has been lacking as of late. I have had the fabric and pattern for a while, about 2 years! hehe So I finished it last week and its been all over town and been through many days. I love it!


 The skirt was so simple, it has a box pleat in the front and a side zipper and walla!!! Its done in about 3 hours. :) My type of sewing project! Not too much time spent and the results are so practical and feminine. I used the Simplicity pattern 2758. A great pattern for 3 types of skirts and 2 great blouses too.
 Oh and that bag may seem familiar to those of you who read Bramblewood fashion! I love Ashley and Gabrielle's posts about modest and feminine fashion. I entered their give away to win this lovely purse and I won! It came in the mail last week and I love it! Thank you Ashley for sewing it up! I love the lace and beautiful inside fabric. The dark denim makes this bag so versitale I don't have to worry about switching purses as I usually do to match an outfit better.

Thank you for the bag and I am loving it! It fits books, my Bible, journal, our new big camera, and lots of other things! a practical and feminine bag. My sister even asked if she could have it! She loved it so much. I believe she will be borrowing it in the future. :)

Oh and my jacket was only $2.00 at the thrift store up in west VA where my adopted grandparents live! I love lavendar and now I have an item of that hue in my wardrobe. :) Have a lovely saturday and renewing Sabbath!

In Christ,
Rebecca

4 comments:

Bramblewood Fashion said...

Oh, I'm so excited that you like the bag, Rebecca! And that Bethany likes it too. =) Your skirt turned out simply lovely. I have the same pattern in my collection. I think I may have to try it out sometime soon. =)

Have a wonderful weekend, Rebecca!

love,
~Ashley

Mrs. G said...

I really like your skirt, it has such a classic/timeless look to it. I don't have that pattern and even if I did I can't put in zippers. :-( I'd need to tweak it to do a different closure, hmmm.... thinking about the many options. Thanks for the inspiration.
Mrs. G

Rebecca Ann said...

thanks Mrs. G and Ashley! I love the simple and very versitale style of this pattern as well!

Mrs. G I have done skirts that called for zippers without one by using buttons down the side instead. If can be annoying if you hate doing button holes, but it was great when I did not have zippers for two skirts I made. I did about 5 down the side. It can be annoying to have to button it in the morning. But it was another frugal option as we have so many buttons and so little zippers usually. Hope this helps you! I love getting comments from you all! So good to hear from you!

In Christ,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Those are the kind of projects that I truly enjoy doing :)

You look so lovely Rebecca! The lavender color is just perfect with your coloring. And the bag...very feminine indeed!

M.