Thursday, December 24, 2009

Latest sewing for Christmas

Well everyone here are some of my latest sewing projects I have been working on for christmas and I have also given myself some presents! lol

First I used the tutorial over at the Marie Madeline Studio for Bible book covers for myself, my sister, and my mother. http://mariemadelinestudio.typepad.com/mariemadeline_studio/2008/01/fabric-book-cov.html


I loved the idea and they turned out great! A really easy project for the beginner on her own seamstress, as I usually need lots of help from my sister Beth to understand what I am doing, but this worked out pretty well with not too much confusion. She helped me understand one step that I was confused on but otherwise I did all the sewing myself. Yeah!

Here is the cover I made for my own Bible.





Here is my mother's Bible.

















First I just measured around my mother's Bible the deminsions.















This is what I ended up with, a pattern for the cover. A very easy pattern to follow when you read the instructions, as I was doing and got confused, but then I went back to their tutorial and I was fine in the construction of the cover! :)























Then I finished the cover and this is the finished product.

I will post more christmas gifts and projects soon!

No comments: