Sunday, December 6, 2009

Harper's ferry reenactment and quilting









Yesterday my family and I went in the snow to the harper's ferry reenactment. The snow was beautiful!! My family and I and some other family friends were the boarders in an old boarding house in the town. This was our impression for the day. We told the spectators about how the union army had taken over the confederate town and how the army officers were staying in our boarding house. It was a lot of fun and my sister and I were able to hand quilt a good bit of a quilt my mother, sister, and I had sewn togeather.

This picture below is me in the snow after the reenactment at our house. I was tired and it was dark. Sorry these are so dark. Had to get one picture of my full outerwear and everything. I felt like Jo or Meg from Little Women. Now I know what it is like to tromp through the snow in a hoop and all those petticoats and even have a snow ball fight!! lol It was tons of fun!




We worked on this quilt in the up stairs parlor of the old house. It was lovely, except for the draft that was coming from the bacony doors behind us in these pictures.

This is a variation of the Ohio Star. My sister will be posting pictures when it is finished on her blog. For now here is a glimspe of our day at the boarding house. I only got these three pictures on my own camera. But some friends of mine that were with us got pictures that they will be sending me sometime soon. So don't worry more pictures soon! :)


In Christ,
Rebecca

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What lovely pictures!! You do remind me of Little Women!! :-)

Ana Smith said...

That looks like so much fun!