Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Second-hand Fashion Week Day 3

Today I wanted to dress in a spring-like manner, even though its freezing outside! :) I really want those days when its a little breezy and a nice 75 degree weather! Hopefully later this week it will be that way, but today its sunny, instead of rain and dreariness. that is something to be thankful for!!

My outfit for today consists of a purple sweater that I made myself from a long sleeve shirt my that my sister gave to me and I wanted a purple sweater. So last week I cut the sleeves down to half sleeves and cut down the front and sewed it up and added a button to make my new sweater. :) I was very happy with the result and I was inspired by a friend of mine who told me about her thrifted finds that she remade to her own taste. So it was fun to try it out with this shirt. My shoes are not thrifted, but they were on sale for a great price at OffBroadway Shoe Warehouse last september and I wear these jean flats often!
My white teired skirt was given to me by a friend who was moving and she could not take it with her unfortunately. I was happy to be able to use it! I love teired skirts and this white one is very full and definatley a staple in my spring wardrobe! :)
Lastly my grey shirt is not thrifted, but it was bought many years back from Old Navy for probably $10.00. So My skirt and sweater were free, but I paid for only my shoes and shirt. Now that is a deal for me! Have a great day everyone! God bless!
Ok my dear mother took pictures for me today, usually I take them myself with the self timer. But I was so happy to have her help today! So a big thank you to her for the pictures!

In Christ,
Rebecca

And if you all are wondering that is my mother and I's new to us piano! I love it! I am going to go and practice playing and singing with it right now! :)

3 comments:

Johanna said...

What a beautiful Outfit!

Melanie said...

I LOVE your outfit!! It is so beautiful! I love tiered skirts too, and that one is just breath-taking! It must be fun to wear. :-)

Atlanta said...

Lovely!