Sunday, January 15, 2012

We can be joyful in trials- We will be made beautiful like gold

Hey ladies,

I have been following Courtney's blog for a little over a few months now and have really been encouraged by her blog posts. Definately have a look at her blog for encouragement to walk with the King as she so wonderfully phrases it. ;)

I have struggled with trials this past year of 2011 and still have in this new year of 2012! So I thought I would share some verses and thoughts about this issue. As Courtney says in her video about trials and James 1 our culture says please yourself, its all about your happiness! But that is a lie ladies and don't believe that lie! Your life is not your own, You have been bought with a price and that price was death and you did not have to die because Jesus Christ the author and perfector of your faith died for you! What a living hope we have in Jesus as I was reminded when we read through 1 Peter 1 this morning at my church in discipleship hour. What a wonderful living hope we have in Jesus Christ now! So pursue Him and not your flesh desires. Pursue Gods desires and His path and pursue Him instead of facebook or novels, or TV, or movies, or being beautiful with makeup and clothing like the world says beauty is. Instead make yourself filled with the WORD, good conversations with other sisters and brothers in Christ, watching good movies/documentaries about people of the faith, or reading books that will help you puruse Him and instead of facebook encourage a friend with a real conversation or phone call or letter in the mail!

James 1:2-6 says," Count it all joy, my brothers when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your fith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like the wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind."

These verses caught my eye as I read James the other day again for probably the tenth time reading this book all the way through or may even 12 times! I love this book so much, as a friend told me this week, " Rebecca isn't James so practical in his writing! He writes with precise thoughts telling us how to pursue Christ."

I believe that the book of James is so encouraging to the person that has a hard time being joyful as I do many a time. The Lord has been gracious to me these past few weeks into the new year giving me joy! I asked Him to help me be content and joyful and He is been helping me with that. Praise the Lord alone for His Spirit dwelling in me giving me contentment and joy. :)

I read these verses as I have been studying the book of Job and I actually finished reading it this morning and was encouraged. " But he knows the way I take; when he tried me, I shall come out as gold. My foot has held fast to his steps, I have kept his way and have not turned aside. I have not departed from the commandments of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my portion of food." Job 23:10-12

So when we go through trials we are being renewed and refined like gold in a fire, we are being made more and more into the image of gold of beauty! But its more beautiful than outward beauty like the fashion industry says we must have in order to be truly beautiful. Its a beauty that is eternal!!! We have the Holy Spirit of the Most High God dwelling in us! We are the temple of the Holy Spirit as it says in Romans 12:12. Praise the Lord we are being refined and made more and more into the image of the most High God who is eternally beautiful and mighty.
I love this song by Laura Story called Blessings and she talks about how the trials of this like are Gods mercies in disguise! What a truth! Gods trials are blessings in disguise refining us into gold. What a hope in Christ Jesus!
So take joy my sisters and face the trial knwing that as Job says He knows the way I take!! When I come out of the trial I will be beautiful like gold and renewed and made holy!

God bless you and walk with the King!

Rebecca

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Rebecca, your encouragement is so good--thank you for sharing! I especially appreciate your challenge to pursue God rather than fleshly desires. This has been something God has been purifying me of, and I am on a sort of online media fast now as a result. To be honest...I haven't really missed anything, and I have way more time for time in the Word!