Thursday, October 28, 2010

I love our Nikon!

hey everyone!

We received our new nikon camera in the mail yesterday after much anticipation and depravity of a camera these past 2 months or so! I can't believe the quality pictures this camera takes! My old camera was a sony cyber shot and I loved it, but it was 4 years old and not the best. But it was great until it was lost. Now our family can do lots of photos and this camera is so much bigger than the old one we definately won't lose it!

I finished my civil war star quilt last month and now I can finally post pictures! We used it the last reenactment and I now am using it on my bed at home. I am so proud of it and I will be using it Lord willing till it wears out. Maybe even my grandchildren will get to use it. You see I want it to last for generations. These days people don't sew quilts, but I plan to sew many and pray they will hold memories for each new generation.

 Yes one of our cats named Oscor really loves the new quilt! :)
 Bethany has been teaching me how to knit and I am loving it! I don't know why I ever thought it was so scary or hard, but now I am knitting a knubia, which is a scarf for civil war reenacting for myself. Its made out of thread weight wool yarn I bought from a sulter at the Ceder Creek reenactment last weekend.
 The quilt! I am so excited to be able to share the finished product with you all! I am loving all the random scraps from dresses and other projects all in this quilt.


Every single start is quilted around the perimeter of each star and around the boarder of the quilt I quilted stars. It was a lot of fun and lots of time invested into this quilt, but it was well worth it. You can read about the construction of this quilt in these previous posts below. here and here and here are the older posts about how I started my quilt and what steps you have to do in order to complete a quilt by hand. It was so much fun and a great learning experience. And of course the scrap bin does not even seem as though a dent was made! :)

have a lovely rest of your day! I am off to cut out a baby quilt for a friend and start sewing the squares together, then its off to Joann to get some supplies for some modern clothing for my family.

In Christ,
Rebecca

5 comments:

Virginia said...

*love* your quilt Becca, it's gorgeous and they're wonderful things to pass down! Can't wait to see you all!

Love,
~Ginny

Lola said...

Aww, I like the picture of Oscar on the blanket :o) (I have a thing for big orange cats...) Isn't it funny how they have to check out anything new, and make sure they're able to sit on it?

Stephanie Ann said...

It's absolutely beautiful! I still don't know how you do it!

Ana Smith said...

What a wonderful quilt! The photos look much better. :-)

Rachel said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I love the stars and the fabric is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with everyone! Hopefully your sweet little grandkids will love it as much as we all do!