Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Grace

I came across this song when I was reading Melanie's blog http://foreverhisservant.blogspot.com/ and I can attest to being so much in need of grace! So many times I fall and He helps me get up again. Lord help me to be humble and in You alone put my trust! I let the Lord down so many times! Just as I did this morning with sharp words.

I wrote the song below yesterday based on a favorite Scripture and I am never going to get rid of those harsh words unless I let Christ have my life and my body and my mouth. Lord help me to surrender myself to You again today!

I have not titled the song yet, but here are the lyrics and please do not use these anywhere else without my permission!

Count it all joy, count it all joy, count it all joy, when trials come
That the testing of your faith, produces steadfast love
Be slow to speak, be slow to speak and quick to hear
Do not let anger overtake the temple
it does not produce righteousness
Put away all filth and wickedness,
and receive with meekness the implanted WORD
Be slow to speak, be slow to speak, and not in anger
,for the righteousness God requires is not attained by pain
But by Christ living in me that my words may speak hope
( words from James 1:2-4 and 1:19-21)


So anyway that's a start to another song. I have been writing since the beginning of the month and I have about 11 other songs that are also underway. I hope to post more of them soon and hopefully some recordings of my mother and I playing and singing them. The Lord has been so so good helping me to write music that is of the Scriptures and not emotions. That is my goal that they may be God breathed and from the Word alone.

Have a lovely wednesday!

In Christ,
Rebecca

3 comments:

Kristi McInerney said...

my blog post today was also about grace! thanks for sharing!

Miss Linda said...

What a lovely song. I love lyrics that are based upon Scripture verses. Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Rebecca Ann said...

thanks ladies! I had a great weekend Linda! It was very discouraging at times, but then the Lord picked me up out of the mire and set me on His Rock making me secure! praise God for that!

kristi yes His grace is so so great and we don't deserve it, but He gives it anyway! amazing! How amazing our God is!

In Christ,
Rebecca