Sunday, August 22, 2010

As promised....

A glimspe into my life as to what I wore to D.C. last week and to church a few weeks back. I posted about the trip here. I have been wearing this light blue dress at home as well. Its very practical, because if comfortable and still feminine. I love it! And yes as I said in my last post it was only $1.00!!!! The best part!

It has buttons all the way down the front and princess seams.

It has a scalopped edge around the neckline which is a nice detail you can see below. It has little white flowers on top of the blue light denim fabric. This dress did used to have shoulder pads that someone before me had cut out. But I believe its a timeless style and does not scream a particular era. I love it all the same as its my favorite color!

Well I have a few posts that I will be posting through out the week of sewing projects and finished pictures of our apple butter and apple sauce. And showing how we can in our little kitchen with our crock pots instead of over a big pot out of doors. I am so thankful for this new skill my mother has taught my sister and I through the last 5 years.
Have a blessed sunday and I will leave you with these verses I have been pondering as of late. And thanksgiving for the Lords provision in my life.
"I waited patiently for the Lord, He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me out of the pit of descruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud to those who go after a lie. You have multiplied, O Lord my God your wondrous deeds and your thoughts towards us; none can compar with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told. " -Psalm 40:1-5

I have been so blessed by the Lords provision. After this year of my last year of formal homeschool courses I can not believe how He has blessed my family. He has brought my father, mother, sister, and I together by His Truth alone. He has given us peace through His saving grace through His son Jesus Christ. He has blessed us with provision for Bethany and I to be able to do college courses from home and to be able to sew for our family and friends. To be able to show hospitality through our homes and through reenacting as well as through our church. I thank God alone for His mercy on me a sinner and my family! That He did show me what His vision is for my life and my father the vision for our family. We would not be living day by day in awe of His provision in this life if it was not for His saving grace. Its been a tought road and today in church with other believes around me who are my family I was in awe of what He has done. Day by day we are waiting for His return. May everyone be blessed today being in His presence!
In Christ,
Rebecca

No comments: