Thursday, April 22, 2010

My new Favorite Accessory and a suprise!

Hey everyone!

On monday night I was inspired by Gabrielle over at Bramblewood Fashion! I loved her serging the edges of rectangles and gettings wonderful spring scarves as a result! So I had some pretty floral light and airy material and I decided to try it! Here is my result.

I also wore this scarf with my favorite 1950's vintage shirt dress that is the same turquoise color as the flowers in the scarf yesterday and it was great! I will post pictures soon!

And for the suprise!! Yesterday I bought new Ginger Dress Makers scissors!!!!! I had money from relatives from my birthday and I was so excited to use them to start making a civil war quilt yesterday as well as a gift for a friend this morning. She reads this blog, so I won't post pictures of her gift till after I give it to her. :)



They are so sharp its not even funny!!! I have never had scissors this sharp before and my sister Beth and I love them! they will be a great investment, considering how much sewing we do around here!

they even have a handy dandy case and covers for the blade since they are so sharp! I can't even contain my excitement and I am disapointed that I can not cut anything out today, as I have other projects that must get done first!!! I have 2 dress lengths of fabric that I need to cut out for 2 1950's style shirt dresses that I am just itching to start on!!! Oh well! this weekend maybe! :)

God bless and have a lovely thursday!

In Christ,
Rebecca

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca...What a beautiful scarf! Do you have a serger or are you using a serger type stitch on your regular sewing machine?

I love your blog and your signing "IN CHRIST"! I am also in Christ and know that when we are In Him we are ONE in Him! Not only are we then Sisters in Christ, but we are filled with His Spirit that leads and guides us into all Truth by His Name. So it is nice to meet another member of the Body! :)

Rebecca Ann said...

thank you Cathy! Yes I do have a serger, it is a Janome and I love it! its very handy for projects like this and serging the inside of my hand made cloths so they last longer.

I am so glad to meet you too! Meeting sisters in Christ over the internet is really what my blog is all about, encouraging one another in our walks with our Savior! God bless Cathy and I am glad to hear from you. :)

Virginia said...

I can't wait to see your quilt Becca! Actually I started one too, as soon as I got home last Saturday. I guess Bethy's quilt was catching. :P What pattern are you using?

Danielle Pajak said...

I love your scarf! The colors and the flower pattern is really nice. You can't get anything better from a store. :-)

That is awesome you were able to get those scissors. I think it is so cool that it comes in a case. They must work extremely well, cutting through fabric like butter.

Rebecca Ann said...

Hi Ginny, yes I am making a quilt and it is a star pattern. I don't remember the exact name. I will ask Beth though! :)

thank you both! I had so much fun cutting out another one with my new sizzors for a friend and for myself. I will post pictures soon! They do cut through fabric like butter!!!! I also have my eye on a new light blue cotten fabric I want to make into a 1950's gored circle skirt soon sometime this week!!! I can't wait!

None said...

That scarf is amazing! Love the bright colors!

Blessings,
Luci

Madeline said...

I love the scarf you gave me, Rebecca. =D Thank you so much! I hadn't actually read the post until now (thursday night) so I wouldn't have seen the picture anyway. lol but thanks again!

Rebecca Ann said...

thank you Luci! I wore it again today btw! :) I love the colors too!

Madeline I am so glad you love it! I was hoping those were some of your fav colors to wear and the Lord helped me choose just right thing apparently! He is amazing! even in the little things! :)

Madeline said...

He sure does. In fact, I'm wearing it now. =D

Bramblewood Fashion said...

Love your scarf! ;) Enjoy your new scissors! I have the same pair and I love mine! They cut through fabrics like a dream.