Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A granny square blanket for my mother

A few weeks I finished a crocheted afghan for my mother and I wanted to share it with you all. It is made out of 100% cotten yarns from the Michaels craft store. Its the sugar and cream cotten brand of yarn. My mom kept begging me for years to make her her own granny square blanket, so I made this for her birthday. She loves it and uses it on her bed. It even matches her color scheme in my parents bed room.



Here is a close up of the edging I did. I have this wonderful book that is all about different edgings you can do on an afghan for crochet. It has 50 different edgings and I was so happy to be able to finally use this handy little book.





I
There you have it the completed blanket. It took a really long time, but now I can do granny squares quite quickly and I plan to make some more in the future for my family and for my hope chest.
In Christ,
Rebecca










No comments: