Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Long Time No Talk

Hi My Dear Readers!

I know I have not posted a blog update in forever (or so it seems!)! Thank you to Alison for asking how I was and thanks for sharing your thankfulness for my blog too. :) I was encouraged and touched by the fact that you noticed I had not posted and missed the posts. Also Vicki you left a comment too on my last post and asked how I was doing. Vicki, in April when I posted about that skirt, if I were to respond now my response would be so different. I am not negative and a pessimist like I used to be, God has been making me into a new creation more and more. He has been sanctifying me and drawing me to His side over these past 4-ish months. God is so so good!!!

I am not going to promise I will be posting more frequently now. I have made promises on this blog before and not followed through, so I will not be making promises I can't keep. The goal I would like to set for myself would be to do at least 2-4 blog posts a month about different subjects I have been learning about. Whether that is a book review, my thoughts on the Bible and what I am learning from God's Word, tutorials for how to take care of curly hair, tutorials for healthy skin care, pictures of what my family and I are up to, etc. I want to be more intentional about what I post and that those posts would be well thought out and build others up in the Lord.

An update about my life, my family has been attending one church now since November 2012, so its been 8 months and I have felt God's peace that this is where I am supposed to be. I praise God He has given me peace about this church, because I was so resistant about this being His will for me right now. I never thought I would go to a church that is as large as the one we are attending. 1,000s of people attend this church, so yes its a mega church. But, every Sunday I have been growing spiritually through the worship of our Lord through hearing from His Word and worshiping Him. I look forward to church, where as, when we were church hunting, it was a dread some days. Thank you to those in my life and through the internet who prayed for my family and I! The Lord indeed has done wondrous deeds in my life, a good church is just one of those wondrous things He has done! God is so so good to us all, no matter what we are going through. My life by far is not perfect, because of my sin, I fall short, but as a friend said the other day," The moment we sin we are already forgiven by Jesus!" WOW! The moment I sin God already forgave me?! Thats just amazing and I just can't comprehend how far His mercies are to us each day.

These verses says what I was amazed about perfectly,




"19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. 20 Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 21 so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." -Romans 5:19-21

 
"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly." Romans 5:6

 "Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The Lord works righteousness
and justice for all who are oppressed.
He made known his ways to Moses,
his acts to the people of Israel.
The Lord is merciful and gracious,

slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

He will not always chide,

nor will he keep his anger forever.

10 He does not deal with us according to our sins,

nor repay us according to our iniquities.

11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,

so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;

12 as far as the east is from the west,

so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
13 As a father shows compassion to his children,
so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.
14 For he knows our frame;
he remembers that we are dust.

15 As for man, his days are like grass;
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
16 for the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
and its place knows it no more.
17 But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him,
and his righteousness to children's children,
18 to those who keep his covenant
and remember to do his commandments.
19 The Lord has established his throne in the heavens,
and his kingdom rules over all.

20 Bless the Lord, O you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his word,
obeying the voice of his word!
21 Bless the Lord, all his hosts,
his ministers, who do his will!
22 Bless the Lord, all his works,
in all places of his dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul!"- Psalm 103

" I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord.

Blessed is the man who makes
the Lord his trust,
who does not turn to the proud,
to those who go astray after a lie!
You have multiplied, O Lord my God,

your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;

none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,

yet they are more than can be told."- Psalm 40:1-5

(All Scripture is from the ESV Bible)

There are so many more verses and things I could say about the AMAZING God we serve. He is just so big and its been amazing me so much how He is over all He has made and it outside of time and space. My dad and others have always told me, "Rebecca God is so big, He is outside of our comprehension of time." All the more reason for me to be in awe and fear Him!
Have any of you been learning about a certain aspect about God recently or have a favorite verse you have been pondering lately? Or maybe you have some to praise God for? A wondrous deed God has done in your life?Just leave it in a comment below or feel free to email me at ra.stricker@gmail.com

God bless and love in Christ!
Rebecca

4 comments:

Stephanie Ann said...

I'm glad to hear from you! I've been struggling with posting more too.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca!
What a delight to hear from you! And how sweet of you to thank me! I so enjoyed this post. I'm glad to know that things are going well with you and that God is working in you life! It sounds like your church is a blessing to you; I know from my own life that the very things I resisted fronbGid were the very things I needed most, be it a blessing or a lesson from Him.

I have been pondering and thinking on various things, including: beauty in God's eyes, pleasing Him instead of man, the power of prayer, and the greatness of the Gospel and how {like you mentioned in your post} He loves and forgives us even when we mess up and fall short. He has taught me truths through His Word and other resources. Like you said, He is so good -- and SO faithful!

He deserves our praise, for sure!
In Jesus,
Alison

Unknown said...

I love following blogs that are owned by other Christians. It sounds like God is really helping you! I agree- he is so good!

God Bless,
Ruth

Rebecca Ann said...

Stephanie,yes for now my posts will be sporadic. I know that if I am supposed to post God will give enough time int he day to make time for it. Thanks for reading!

Alison thank you for the encouragement! I am so thankful for each of my readers. Amen sister! :)

Ruth, welcome to my blog! I am always excited to have new readers. I am glad you were encouraged to pursue Christ. Amen sister! He is so good to us! :)

Rebecca Ann