I finished my J.P.Ryan stays which are the colonial equivalent of a corset last week. Its been so busy I did not get pictures up until now. Without further or do here are my purple stays! :) Yes my sister and I dyed the linen purple! It was my dream come true, even if it might not be "period correct" for working impression color wise.
It was a lot of work to sew all those channels and put in the wooden bones(cane), as well as sew all the eyelets by hand, and sew the binding on by hand. But all in all I am so happy I did it! It was my first pair of any type of undergarment similar to a corset, so I am pleased! I had great help from my sister Bethany Lynn as well.
The binding was my favorite part of the whole process actually! Easiest part in my opinion.
The colonial shape is my favorite in regards to corsets, but my favorite period for dresses would be the 1830s! I just received a lovely gown from Sarah Jane over at RomanticHistory. I am so pleased with her handiwork and I will post pictures of the dress on me for her enjoyment as well as your own as soon as I can. :) I am tickled to have a dress that I really don't need, but its beautiful and I can't wait to have a tea party or something to wear it to.
God bless and have a lovely rest of your evening!