Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Battle of the Bulge 2013

Hi everyone!

I have hardly any pictures to show for it, but I did attend the Battle of the Bulge reenactment in January. I wish I had more pictures, but here are a few.




I am not sure what was going with these soldiers, but poor them having to drill in the snow!

 I wore my great grandmothers coat from the 1940s the whole weekend for warmth. It makes me look huge, but thats ok. I rather be warm and look fat, than skinny and cold. ;) It was fun taking pictures in front of this jeep. I know I should have done outfits pictures each day while I was there, but alas I did not think of it.


No ladies, I did not wear those ugly boots to the dance, I just wore them to walk there in the snow. I changed into my dance shoes when we got there. ;)
 This blue dress was the only dress I wore the whole time, I wore skirt and blouses each day except for this dress to the dances. I bought it at the flea market at the event actually for only $30.00. It was a bargain and I was so excited to find it. I think its silk, but it could be polyester. My friend Rebecca, yes her name is Rebecca too helped me add in a handkerchief insert to make it modest. What an ingenious idea! I never would have thought of that and she thought of it right away.

Rebecca and Rebecca. ;)




 Another new friend Raquel and I before I went to the dance. She was so kind to help me with my hair. I wish I could replicate this hairstyle as well as she did it that night.


Tonight I attempted to do victory rolls again and its sort of sad how they turned out. But I plan to keep practicing to get them up to par soon.

I hope this post was fun to read and look at despite the lack of pictures. I did not realize I did not take many pictures until I got my camera back. Oh well!

Rebecc

2 comments:

Virginia said...

It looks like so much fun!!! I'm definitely going next year. You look terrific!

<3

Rebecca Ann said...

It was tons of fun! Yes we are both going together next year for sure!

<3 Becca