Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Inspiration

I know I have been pretty absent from this blog for a while. I have said I wanted this blog to be centered on what the Lord is doing in my life. But I think these pictures are too pretty not to share. Some friends and I want to go to the Renaissance Fair in the fall and I want to sew up a medieval gown for it. I have been watching the TV series called Merlin on netflix and have gotten quite a lot of inspiration from the character Morgana in the series. Here are some of her lovely gowns! They are so beautiful and I want mine to look similar in some ways.

pictures source
Of course my favorite gown Morgana wears is the blue and purple one above! I love the sheer sleeves and gold trim.

I think what I love a lot about her gowns is all the trims! I want to find some braided or beaded trim to put on my gown or maybe embroider with some shimmery thread some sort of pattern on the sleeves, hem, and neck line of my gown. This is all ideas and I really have not even thought it through that much. I do have fabric, it is wool cranberry red crepe that I got on a great sale from fabric.com. Hopefully it will be nice and cool/warm for september/october weather.

Yeah I know she looks sort of scary in the picture above, but we are looking at the dress not her expression. ;)

I think the cream gown above is so pretty! The bodice is so neat with the v shaped tucks!
My first inspiration for the embroidery on my gown came from the website Medieval Clothier and this dress from the  below.

So I have been doing a lot of music practicing for my vocal and piano exams coming up in May as well as a theory examination. So prayers are appreciated and that is one reason I have not been blogging much. No song writing or sewing has been happening lately. Lots of crocheting, music practicing, and planning for a music gig I have coming up. I am so excited as its my first time playing at an outdoor event. I now have a Yamaha Arius I got for my birthday to bring to the event to play on, so thats exciting. I will post pictures of my new room make over and the keyboard soon.

In Christ,
Rebecca

3 comments:

Virginia said...

THOSE GOWNS ARE GORGEOUS. *faints*

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhh!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
I have seen a few episodes of this show and her gowns were my very favorite. Love the style, totally my favorite. :)
How I wish I could dress like this everyday!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhh!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
I have seen a few episodes of this show and her gowns were my very favorite. Love the style, totally my favorite. :)
How I wish I could dress like this everyday!

Thanks for sharing!