Saturday, October 2, 2010

Life is not perfect but He is!

Hello everyone,

I know my blog has been quite silent as of late. I believe this time of not having a camera to document cooking, sewing, and music studies has been a really good for me. Its helped me to realize that blogging is not your life, your life should be all about our Savior Jesus Christ, not what others think about our life as seen through our blogs. I am not trying to point fingers at anyone so hear me out. I really believe that in my own life blogging has taken up many times more of my thoughts than it should. It has also taken up more of time I could spend reading the Bible and communing with my Lord than it should. It has also made me always say oh I can look so good on my blog if I post pictures or talk about such and such. So to all of you out there who read this I want you to know that my life as seen through my blog may seem perfect or amazing at times, but ladies it is not perfect or amazing.
I am writing to you because I believe that not having a camera for the past few weeks has made me realize that we serve God ultimately and it does not matter what others think of us. It matters what God thinks of us! Are we trying to please man or are we doing what is truly right in the Lords sight?!

So after pondering this today and after much conflict and hard times in my own life the past few months; I am here to admit to you all that there is no way my life is perfect and no way that I am here today without the Lord. The only way that I really can have fulfillment in this life is not to be pleased by the all the nice comments from blog land! The only way to real fulfillment is a relationship with the Savior of the world and of my life Jesus Christ! I am a sinner and I am stained crimson, but Jesus Christ became stained so I could be white as snow. He died for me and everyone else who breaths so that we would not have to die because of our corrupt and selfish and sinful selves.

So I have seen so many things I have done that are so ugly and evil. I have said mean and ugly things to my family. I have put them down and discouraged them when they needed encouragement in hard situations. I have not been a shoulder to cry on for my sister when she needed me. I have not been a good listener when others needed me to listen instead of talk only about myself.

So the Lord has helped me to see that only through His Power can I be beautiful. Only by His power and strength can I live each day and have a beautiful life. The Lord as it says in Isaiah makes darkness into light and He has done this over and over and over again in my life. When in Isaiah 58 the Lord says fasting is not only to obstain from eating, its to fast from all things that are evil and wicked.

Isaiah 58:6-10 says,"Is not this the fast that I choose; to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your hread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?" Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall cry, and he will say,' Here I am.' If you take away the yoke from the midst, the pointing finger, and speaking wickedness, if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday."

As it says in Nehemiah 9:28, " When they cried out to You again, You heard from heaven. Because of Your mercy, You saved them again and again." This verse was in my prayer journal this week after a lot of hard times with needing to ask for forgiveness from my family and the Lord.
I could never learn how to sew, drive, do college exams, be a good sister who listens and does not only talk about herself, respects her parents and listens to them, or have a fulfilling life without my Lord Jesus Christ. Every day when I read my life being purpose statement that I wrote about in my last post I realize again and again how much I need the God of the universe to help me! I am so small and He is so big and powerful and mighty. So through the verses below He has taught me to trust and lean on Him alone, sometimes I do not. I am not perfect. But He says that ok Rebecca I forgive you and you can try again. Forgiveness and confessing of my sin to the Lord and my family and friends has been hard for me the past year. I am still learning. Thank God for forgiveness and others who are striving towards the goal as well of the end of the race when we will be with Him in glory.

I have been pondering this verse and trying to put it away in my heart for some time now. It sums up the areas I have difficulty with. I pray that others who struggle will see that even a sinner can trust God and change. You don't have to stay the way you are. God can make you a new creation! The sin can stop if you ask the Lord for His help.

Ephesians 4:30-32 " Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouth, but only such that is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and all slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."

Lord willing I will be able to post pictures of my finished civil war quilt soon.  I am almost finished with it. I also plan to post pictures of some bags I have made for my sister and mother and a friend sometime when I can get pictures. We found my dads old camera and it does do photos. So I can post pictures sometime. But not blogging has been good for me as I said above. As I said this is not about other bloggers. This is about my thoughts on how blogging has made me put up fronts and try to have my life seem perfect on my blog. When in reality its not pefect.


God bless and I will have some pictures this next week after another colonial living history event on monday. I pray that you have a renewing Sabbath tomorrow.

In Christ,
Rebecca

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Rebecca this post was exactly what I needed to read. I've been so discouraged lately and irritable when I think about my blog. I feel at times that what I post portrays a skewered perspective of my life and I wish it wasn't like that - and then I have been so convicted thinking of WHY I blog and what my reasons are for it. Usually to share what I am working on or doing in my life, but what glory is that to Christ unless I give Him the glory for it?? I have been thinking about closing my blog and not blogging anymore for the last year or so, but I doggedly keep on. . .and it keeps getting harder and harder to even organize my thoughts enough to write a post. I think it may be the Lord trying to get my attention and telling me I need to think of HIM more! This post was such an encouragement and conviction to me and helped me see the things I have been going through myself, though I did not organize my thoughts so clearly as you did. :) Thank you and God bless you dear sister!

Anonymous said...

Dear one,

Thank you for your thoughts. I don't mind that you have not shown any pictures. In fact, your words is what keeps bringing me back to your space...not your pictures.

It is the love that shows in every sentence for Our Lord, that keeps me commenting here.

I know what you mean about trying to please others...in the beginning of my online journey, I felt that I needed to always show the good side and talk about topics that will get the most read. But this was not what My Lord wanted me to do with this space.

It needed to glorify Him solely! And I pray that this is what I am doing.

Keep looking up and do not dwell in the past. You have been forgiven from all your sins...and because of this, you will only want to glorify Our Lord....

Maria

Rebecca Ann said...

Thank you Sarah and Maria for your encouragement. As a younger women than both of you I appreciate your advice and encouragement in striving to live solely to glorify the Lord. Its hard and yes I am so thankful for the Lords forgiveness. I will be keeping my blog for now, but I need to start rationing when I get on blogger to see other blogs. Thats another down fall, reading blogs instead of doing more important things. I will be praying about this this week. I spend more time reading blogs than posting.

Thank you again for your lovely comments! I appreciate the testimonies of both of you! I also love reading your blogs as well. Sarah I have also thought of shutting down my blog as well. But I believe thats not going to happen right now.

In Christ,
Rebecca

Virginia said...

Beautifully said, Becca! I admit that I've struggled in the past with feeling intimidated or depressed when I read others' blogs (and I read a lot!) and their lives look so perfect and fun and wonderful and mine is....not. lol. The Lord's timing is perfect, your words are very timely. :) Thank you so much and hopefully we will see each other Monday!

Love,
~Ginny