Friday, December 2, 2011
Homemade Crackers( Recipe now included!)
Gluten-Free Herb Cracker Recipe
Ingredients- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch or cornstarch ( we used cornstarch)
1/4 cup almond meal ( we did not have any so we used fresh almonds ground up in our Vita Mix, you could also grind them up in a food processor)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons of herbs ( we used 1 tablespoon rosemary and 1 tablespoon thyme)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt to sprinkle on crackers ( we omitted this)
This recipe makes 5 dozen small crackers
What to do-
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
2. Place dry ingredients in bowl. Blend. Add oil and water to form a dough ball. If dry, add more water to moisten.
3. Use cookie cutters to cut shapes or cut w/knife into even squares. Prink crackers with fork and sprinkle with kosher salt. Transfer crackers to non greased cookie sheet or stone.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn crackers over and bake 5-7 more minutes until golden brown.
5. Cool and store in air tight container.
Tip- If crumbly, add water to moisten. A 5" by 3" rectangular sheet of dough makes nice flat-bread crackers.
Enjoy your gluten free yummy christmas crackers!
So that was part of our day yesterday in between me sewing a bonnet to sell next monday as my family is going to be speaking in Washington D.C. about the history of the American Civil War, and in between my mom accompanying me on the piano as I sang my songs for my vocal exam and my dear father was my audience. Then that night I went and had my vocal exam and scored an A-! I am so happy! God is so so good to me and I am reminded as I might have said yesterday in yesterdays post, I am so not steadfast in love, but He always is! It boggles my mind at how amazing our God is.